August 4, 2010
Joyce and I have been planning our first RV trip since June 2010 and have plans to travel from Rocky Mount, NC out west to several National Parks and back in 30 days. We have reviewed several different routes between 5400 to over 6000 miles total. We have plans to leave Friday Sept 3, 2010 and must be back before Oct 1st. I have requested 4 weeks vacation from my job and my boss has agreed reluctantly and asked if we could be back in 2-3 weeks instead. Finally, he said ok go ahead but just make sure he had enough money in the company to last until I get back and that I check in with him everyday. I have purchased a Verizon wireless flash drive and tested it while in Yellowstone with Robbie in June and it works fine so now we just have to get the plans set up and confirm where we are going and how long we can take to get there and back.
Joyce took the RV into the repair shop today to get it checked out and everything running smoothly before we leave. Hope it doesn't cost too much but we want to make sure we get off on a good start. We had our first trip back in June to Williamburg, VA and on the way back we had a flat tire that took over 5 hours to get replaced. We do not want to have that happen again.
As for now we are planning to drive the following route:
Rocky Mount/Raleigh, NC
Louisville, KY
St Louis, MO
Kansas City, KS
Souix Falls, ND
Mount Rushmore, ND
Yellowstone National Park, WY & Montana
Grand Tetons National Park, WY
Bryce Canyon, UT
Zion Canyon, UT
Grand Canyon, AZ
Petrified Forest, AZ
Little Rock, AK
Memphis, TN
Home- Raleigh,NC
We have to plan stop overs, driving times, money needed or a budget, RV campsites, and things we want to see and how long we want to stay at each place in order to get back in 30 days or less.
Follow our progress as we make this exciting trip, 2 sisters on an adventure of a lifetime!
I am so excited about this trip I feel like a child waiting to see Santa's world. I have been dreaming of this trip for over ten years now. My dream at first was to do this with Randy my husband which all of you know he died in February. But I will say the next best thing to this is to do it with my sister!!! We have always been close but not as close as the last ten--twenty years has made us going through so much together. I thank God for her. We will try to Blog daily as we take our journey to see God's beautiful land! We love you all & wish there was a way for all our families to do this together. So I guess we will just have to share it through our blog. Love ya'll Joyce
ReplyDeleteYour blog is going to ROCK! And the name of the blog is so cool!
ReplyDeleteI know you two will have a great time, and I am jealous, but will be able to live vicariously through your blog!
Enjoy! Safe travels!
Carol