Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Top of the World (We have been there) 9/11/10

Sept 11, 2010

Ok we waited 2 days in Cody WY for the snow to melt so we could get into the East entrance of Yellowstone!! We were told all other roads in the park were open. So you know us we found another way! We went north to Hwy 212 called Bear Tooth scenic Hwy to get into the North entrance of Yellowstone. We did not know we would be going 11,000 feet above sea level to do so. But that is what we did! Well I do believe we could have reached out the window of the RV and touched God's hand!!! We were scared to death! It was hairpin turns one after another with steep cliffs and no guard rails!!!!! Every time we would get to the turn Sheila & I both would lean toward the mountain away from the cliff!! We kept looking for other RVs but only saw cars! Should that have told us something? After several large climbs & curves Sheila said I don't like this turn around & lets go back! I said no way was I going to go back down those climbs I was too scared too!!! So we made it with a lot of prayers to God through the 60 some miles of up-up-up-up & down- down. Then when we finally got down to 8,000 feet to a small town (maybe 4 blocks total) & we could only find a place to park the RV to spend the night on a dirt alley behind a hotel then they still charged us $25 to hook up to a water hose & an orange drop cord!! We walked up a block to a bar/restaurant & ate dinner with a mix drink (needed for the nerves!!) Still enjoying the moment Got up next morning & only 5 miles from Yellowstone entrance! We made it!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment