Saturday, September 18, 2010

9-9-10 Big Horn Mountains- Test of Trust

9-9-10 Traveling from Sheridan, WY to Cody, WY
142 miles took us about 4 hours due to the mountains
Sheila's thoughts:

Today was the day we had to have trust and patience with one another because of the treacherous mountain ranges we had to cross over. Also, we had put our fate and belief in God's hands due to the torrential downpour of rain, wind and the steep mountain and cliffs. We traveled through the beautiful Big Horn mountain range in WY with some very fast inclines and declines. One curve we could see over the side and see the road below was going down and it looked like one of the log flume rides at the amusement parks where you go straight down the hill and Joyce said "I can't go down there" I told her we had to that there was no turning back now. Anyway, we made it down that decline and several others and they were not too bad except when the thunderstorm came through and almost blew us off the cliff or at least it felt like it would. Plus the rain was so hard a one point we could see the water rushing down the mountain side.
One thing we learned today was that when you are scared then your patience with one another is not so great! But as sisters we figured it out, we said our prayers and trusted in God to get us down off the mountains.
Once we got down the mountains and into some flat land we could see for miles and miles again. We could see rain clouds and storms all around us. We finally made it to Cody, WY and parked at a great KOA campground that even had a K9 Kamp so the doggies were very happy that we could let them run free. Roxy and Cici also made some friends at the K9 Kamp and enjoyed playing and chasing one another. Roxy and CiCi have been great on the trip and I know they must be tired of riding. CiCi constantly wants to ride in my lap or either get up on my shoulder and ride like she use to do with Randy.
This campground also had a jumping trampoline thing that I of course had to try out since I had been getting a little tired of riding, I felt like I needed some exercise. So I'll post a picture of me bouncing-clowning around.


Trying not to act my Age!!!


2 comments:

  1. Go, Sheila, go! Looks like LOTS of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce so glad you and Shelia had s good time I love all the pics. Gayle

    ReplyDelete